Saturday, February 19

Stylish?


So, sweet Dana from Love 2 Learn and Share awarded me the Stylish Blogger Award. Thanks, Dana!!!!!! Who knows... maybe this will motivate me to spruce up my blog so it will actually be stylish..... HA!!!!

 Here are the rules for receiving this award:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded you this award. 
2. Share 7 things about yourself. 

3. Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers. 

4. Contact these bloggers and tell them about the award.

So, 7 things about me. Here we go.

1. I LOVE pandas.  In fact, I have them all over my classroom. Someday, many years from now, when my kiddos reminisce about First Grade, that’s what they’ll remember about it. Not anything about me personally, or what they learned. Instead, they’ll remember the pandas. HA!

2. My husband is in medical school. At one point, we actually had a box of someone’s bones sitting in our Living Room. The sad thing is, that is completely normal for us. Glamorous, huh?

3. I LOVE the AMAZING RACE. Season premiere tonight. Be there.

4. My school is closing at the end of this year. Sadness.... 

5. My favorite place to eat is the Pronto Pup stand at the Kansas State Fair. YUM!!!

6. Neurological abnormalities fascinate me. Favorite author? Oliver Sacks.

7. I am a Star Trek junkie. Jean Luc Picard is AMAZING.               

Wanna see five amazing blogs that I just discovered? Here they are.


Have a wonderful Saturday, y'all!!!!
 Mrs. Thiessen

7 comments:

Amy said...

I love pandas too! I cannot believe there is actually someone else out there that has a panda themed room as well. So exciting...(I know kinda dorky for me to be excited you have a panda room but I am!) And I also think my kids will be the same way because they all love them now! Thanks for sharing! Love your blog!

Amy

Rachelle said...

Thanks!!!! You're so sweet!!!!!!!! I love your blog!
-Rachelle
whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

Kristen said...

Sucks that your school is closing. I was at a school that closed 3 years ago (and I haven't fully gotten over it 0 it was my elementary school, too!) and my new principal this year was a t a school they closed at the end of this last school year. I hope you get to go to a fabulous school next year!
Kristen
socalteacherstuff.blogspot.com

Jonelle Bell said...

I wasn't fast enough:) I gave you the award too... I have giving you the Stylish Blogger Award. Go to my blog to find out what to do: http://aplacecalledkindergarten.blogspot.com/2011/02/stylish-blogger-award.html.

katryce said...

Just curious...what part of Kansas are you from? I went to K-State and live in IL now. I so miss good old Kansas.

Sarah Paul said...

Thank you for making my day! I love your blog too!!! You have fabulous ideas. :)

Mrs. Whary said...

Thanks you sooooo much for the award! I have been super excited about it (although we've been battling MAJOR sickness in our house!). You are so kind :-)