Monday, February 21

Reading Comprehension Printable Sort

Well, I am very pleased to announce that there are only 14 days of school left until Spring Break.  But, who’s counting?!?!? HA!!!! I don’t know about the rest of y’all, but the BEAUTIFUL weather we’ve been having is definitely putting me in the mood for a break.  Bring on the above freezing temperatures, please!!!! 

So, did anyone else watch the season premiere of the Amazing Race last night? What happened, Cowboys?!?!?! My favorite team in last place??? So sad. Good thing I believe in retroactive prayer, because they need some serious prayin’ if they are going to escape elimination after ROUND ONE. Total sadness.. But, it’s okay, Cowboys. I believe in you. I promise ♥♥♥    

But enough about the Amazing Race On to business 
We’re well into the Second Semester of First Grade which means reading comprehension is BIG TIME on my mind. Below is a reading comprehension sort to provide practice recognizing past, present, and future tenses.  In addition to the sort, I’ve included a small quiz you may want to give your kiddos, too. I always like to give the kids a “Show What You Know” activity following any kind of group work to make sure they’ve understood the concept individually.  

Have a fabulous Tuesday!!!!!
Mrs. Thiessen

Sail, Sailed, Sailing
A Past, Present, and Future Tense Sort 
(Click any picture preview to download the entire file)
  
  
 Sail, Sailed, Sailing
A Show What You know Quiz 
(Click the picture preview to download the entire file)
  

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Love it!! I'm curious...what font did you use? THANKS for sharing!

Kathy
First Grade a la Carte

Ms. Durning said...

Love it!

Ms. Morgart said...

Wonderful! Thank you!

Curls and a Smile

Kim said...

Love this! Where did that clipart come from! I love all things sailorish. Thanks for sharing!

`Kim @ Mrs. Saylor’s Log

Miss Kindergarten said...

Ditto to all those comments above! That is so cute and I love that font!

Hadar

Jess said...

Thank you! This is soo cute! :) Love all your hard work!

Ladybug said...

Such a great and CUTE activity. Thanks for posting this! :)

Alexandra Thiessen said...

Hey Y'All!

There were a couple of questions about what clip art and font I used for this activity. Here's the info:

The clip art is from www.ScrappinDoodles.com. DARLING WEBSITE and super inexpensive. LOVE IT!

The font is Doodle Tipsy. You can get it here:
http://www.eaglefonts.com/doodle-tipsy-ttf-67608.htm

Have a fabulous Thursday!
Alexandra :)

Kim said...

Thanks so much! I just bought all the sailor clip art! Too cute and I like that is so affordable!

Anonymous said...

You have adorable ideas! Do you have any activities for writing and making sentences. I am new to your blog and must have missed a bunch! Thank You for sharing! My kids loved Lovey Buggy Word Sort!

Allison @ Room Mom 101 said...

Hey I just wanted to let you know that I love your creativity. I am adding your blog to my blog roll so that I can check back for more ideas. Thanks
Allison
www.room-mom101.blogspot.com

Jodi said...

This is great! We have been working on past, present, and future tense. This will be so useful.

Jodi
www.fun-in-first.blogspot.com

Jen said...

Loving your ideas! Thanks a ton for sharing. I am just starting with the teaching blog world and love it excpect I want to start my own blog. I don't know how you all have time! Envious!!! Anyway, Grace for President is a great book to use with your wonderful student president writing activity!
Happy Teaching!